Sunday 3 July 2022

Questions and Answers regarding Allowances & Quarters

 Questions and Answers regarding Allowances & Quarters

Que.) As per the Sixth CPC, whenever DA goes up to 50%, the special allowances shall be increased by 25%. Whether HRA, Transport Allowance etc will cover under these orders w.e.f 01.01.2011 since the DA is expected to reach 51% 

Ans) No. In respect HRA, Transport Allowance etc, there will be no revision.
In respect of the following allowances, there will be increase by 25%.
(i) Daily allowance on Tour, mileage Allowance, transportation of Personal effects etc.
(ii) Special compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance.
(iii) Special compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance.
(iv) Split Duty Allowances to Central Secretariat & allied offices.
(v) Bad climate Allowance.
(vi) Project Allowance.
(vii) Scheduled/Tribal Area Allowance.
(viii) Cycle Maintenance Allowance
(ix) Conveyance Allowance.
(x) Washing Allowance.
(xi) Special Allowance for disabled women employees.
(xii) Cash handling allowance to cashiers/Treasurers.
(xiii) Children Education Assistance & RTF.
(xiv) Advance for purchase of Bicycle, warm clothing, Festival & Natural Calamity Advance.

Que.) Whether an official who is on long leave is entitled for drawal of HRA? If so up to what extent?

Ans) On medical leave, HRA is allowed for 8 months. Beyond that, it can be allowed by the controlling authorities.
For other kinds of leave, HRA is allowed up to 180 days without any certificate. On furnishing required certificate, it may be drawn for remaining periods.
(MOF OM No. 11020/19/90-EII (B) dt. 05.02.1991)

Que.) Whether the official placed under suspension is entitled for drawal of HRA?

Ans) Yes. As per MOF OM NO. F 2(37) EII (B)/by dt. 27.01.1965, HRA shall be drawn to the officials placed under suspension at the rate it was drawn before suspension. 

Que.)  An official provided with staff quarters is transferred in the middle of academic year to another station. What is his HRA entitlement?

1. In such cases, if he detains the Govt. accommodation at the old station, HRA will be allowed for 8 months at the new station.
2. If not in occupation of Govt. accommodation in old station and not allotted accommodation in new station and leaves family at old station, HRA is allowed as under: 
(i) For first 2 months of assuming charge At the rate drawn at the old station.
at the new station.
(ii) For the next 4 months or till the end of At the rate drawn at the old station or 
academic year, whichever is later the maximum rate allowed at the new
station for residence taken on rent, 
whichever is less.
3. As per MOF No. 19055/1/E-IV/2002 dt. 28.03.2003, employees transferred due to shifting of head quarters, shall be entitled to HRA at the rate admissible to them at the old head quarters, if their families continue to reside there, for six months or till the employee is allotted or secures family accommodation at new head quarters whichever is earlier.

Que.) Both husband and wife are posted in one station and one is provided with Government accommodation. They are claiming HRA for both saying that they are residing separately. Whether it is permissible?

Ans) No. HRA will be allowed irrespective of the fact whether they live together or separately except in pursuance of a court order of judicial separation, in case of any one is allotted with Government accommodation and working in the same station.

Que.) What is the rate of compensation in lieu of rent free accommodation?

Ans) The lowest amount charged as licence fee for the entitled type of accommodation will be the compensation to those not provided with quarters as service condition in lieu of rent free accommodation.


Post a Comment